This workshop is for line managers who need to ensure that their staff maintain the required levels of attendance and who have a role to play in implementing their organisation’s Sickness Absence Management policy.
Absence incurs significant costs to a business. Yet CIPD’s own reports show that one of the most effective ways of reducing staff sickness absence, is ensuring that line managers understand their role in conducting return to work meetings and implementing the stages of the Absence Policy. This workshop equips line managers to have conversations about sickness absence and to understand the various legislative frameworks that influence how absence is handled at work.
This is a 1 day workshop and it covers the following topics:
• Legislative framework influencing the handling of sickness absence
• The impact of absence on your business (costs)
• Absence Management policies and processes – the line manager’s role
• Conducting return to work meetings
• Spotting the signs of stress and taking action
• Trigger points for formal action
The methods used on this 1 day workshop are:
• Presentation by facilitator
• Discussion and group activities
• Practice conducting absence related conversations
• Paired work
• Action planning
Depending on group size, from £149+VAT per person.