This workshop helps anyone at work whose role involves analysing situations to understand the nature of the problem, and who then needs to make decisions on the best course of action to take.
When a problem arises, it is all to easy to jump straight into solution mode without fully understanding the full nature of the issue to be resolved. This workshop shows you how to analyse a problem using a range of interactive and participative tools, before then introducing some techniques for robust decision making.
This is a 1 day workshop and it covers the following topics:
• Defining what the problem is (its nature, scope and impact)
• Stages in the problem solving process
• Unearthing root causes
• Generating & evaluating potential solutions
• Aligning your multiple intelligences to make sound decisions
• Implementing and evaluating solutions
The methods used on this 1 day workshop are:
• Presentation by facilitator
• Discussion and group activities
• Practice using a range of tools and techniques
• Reflection and analysis
• Applying tools to a work-based problem
• Action planning
NB – a small amount of pre-work is required before attending this workshop, to identify a work-based problem that can be used during the training to apply different problem solving tools and techniques.
Investment Depending on group size, from £149+VAT per person.
You might like our blog article ‘When making a decision is difficult‘. It’s only a quick read and we would love to receive your comments about the article!