This workshop is for anyone involved in developing the skills of others in the workplace. It is ideal for anyone who has a training role, but also helps to up-skill those who provide on-the-job instruction, or those that facilitate micro-learning sessions in meetings.
Summary This 2 day course introduces a range of creative and engaging approaches to training other people. It builds understanding of how adults learn, the steps to take in training someone in a new skill and covers every aspect of the learning cycle.
This workshop runs for 2 days and covers the following topics:
• How adults learn
• How to develop learning outcomes
• Getting learners in the mood for training
• How to structure a programme of learning
• Using brain-friendly techniques to accelerate learning
• Facilitation skills for discussions and debate
• Designing games and activities
• Evaluating the impact of training and seeking feedback to improve
All our workshops are interactive and participatory. In this workshop we will use the following methodologies:
• presentation by facilitator
• group work
• individual reflection
• use of models and learning theory
• overnight preparation for day 2
• practice sessions to try new approaches
• action planning
Depending on group size, from £198+VAT per person.
If you are interested in developing your skills as a trainer or facilitator, you might also be interested in our blog articles ‘Is it OK if delegates cry?‘ and ‘Eight things you have to do to ensure you training is cost-effective‘. Have a quick read and do leave us a comment to let us know your thoughts.