This workshop is for line managers who oversee the performance of teams and individuals at work, and who may need to take steps to address conduct and performance issues or to address a grievance that’s been raised.
The line manager may find themselves needing to address the conduct and/or performance of a member of staff. Avoiding an issue often only leads to the issue escalating, so understanding how to take early and appropriate action is important. Equally, a line manager may find themselves involved in handling a grievance at work. This workshop equips the line manager to fulfil their role effectively, nipping the issue ‘in the bud’ wherever possible, and working within the boundaries of the law.
This is a 1 day workshop and it covers the following topics:
• Legislative framework influencing the handling of disciplinary, capability and grievances at work
• Costs of not addressing issues early
• Why don’t people perform?
• Taking an informal approach
• Moving into formal action
• How to conduct investigations
• Your role in implementing your company’s policies and procedures
• Skills to conduct productive and effective meetings
The methods used on this 1 day workshop are:
• Presentation by facilitator
• Discussion and group activities
• Practice conducting performance conversations
• Case studies from UK law
• Paired work
• Action planning
Depending on group size, from £149+VAT per person.