This programme is designed for newly appointed first line managers or managers that have not received formal management training before. The training also works well for those who are identified as rising stars in their organisation, preparing them for their first management role.
A thorough grounding in the essentials of management is given. Communication, reflection and problem solving are key skills that are developed. Participants finish the programme equipped to make a positive impact in their workplace and to work with others to achieve performance and results.
• Planning to work efficiently
• Managing quality in the workplace
• Building a high performing team
• Leadership skills
• Managing the customer experience
• Problem solving and decision making
Format The beauty of this programme is that it can incorporate a range of learning methodologies which ensure transfer of skills back to work and good retention of subjects covered.
• 6 face to face workshops
• 6 action learning groups
• completion of work-based project
• behavioural profiling tools
• optional accreditation to ILM Level 3 Award in First Line Management
Depending on group size, from £999+VAT per person (accreditation with ILM will incur an additional cost). Minimum group size is 6 people. Each person will spend 9 days attending taught sessions, plus time in the workplace to research and complete a work-based project.